MINNEAPOLIS – September 25, 2020 – Wealth Enhancement Group (“WEG”), an independent wealth management firm with 33 offices across the U.S., today announced the results of its first nationwide charitable donation matching program. A total of over $135,000 was donated to 16 nonprofits selected by WEG employees. Funds were raised through employees’ personal donations and matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis by WEG and its CEO, Jeff Dekko.
The campaign was launched in response to a growing recognition of the need to take collective action to strengthen local communities and work toward a more just society.
Mr. Dekko said, “WEG is special in how we act as a team to help each other, and I’ve been amazed by how our employees have exemplified our team approach during this unprecedented time. As a firm, we wanted to offer support to the local communities where our employees and clients live, so we asked our teams to have some dialogue and nominate local organizations for our first nationwide charitable donation matching program. We specifically encouraged our teams to consider nonprofits that promote racial equality, provide leadership opportunities to underprivileged youth, or support families facing socioeconomic challenges.”
Mr. Dekko continued, “I’m grateful for our employees’ enthusiastic participation in our first nationwide donation matching program. Many of our communities are struggling right now, and needs are changing on a daily, if not hourly, basis in some areas. Several of our teams even did contactless food drives during this time, over and above financial donations, to help meet specific needs. We know there’s so much more to do in the realm of community service, we look forward to continuing to provide our employees with opportunities to support local nonprofits helping those who need it the most.”
More than 150 employees participated in the campaign. The local nonprofits selected by WEG teams that received donations were:
- Bolder Options – Minneapolis and Rochester, MN
- Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf – Oakdale, MN
- DV Friends – Greater Philadelphia, PA
- Fairfield County Community Foundation – Thrive by 25 – Fairfield County, CT
- The Food Bank Network of Somerset County – Somerset County, NJ
- Heritage Community Initiatives – Greater Pittsburgh, PA
- Micah’s Backpack – Jacksonville, FL
- My Block, My Hood, My City – Chicago, IL
- Next One Up – Baltimore, MD
- Page Education Foundation – Minneapolis, MN
- Penumbra Theatre – Minneapolis, MN
- Southern Center for Human Rights – Atlanta, GA
- Urban Ventures – Minneapolis, MN
- Voices for Racial Justice – Minneapolis, MN
- We Love Lake Street – Minneapolis, MN
Wealth Enhancement Group is a Greater Minneapolis-based independent wealth management firm offering comprehensive and customized financial planning and investment management services. Established in 1997, Wealth Enhancement Group uses a team approach with a focus on simplifying their clients’ financial lives and has offices nationwide.