The Content Specialist plays a key role in our organic growth and retention strategy by developing and maintaining content to support our client acquisition and retention efforts. Our aim is to deliver the right message, to the right person, on the right channel, at the right time. You’ll work collaboratively with the Content Marketing Manager and the Sr. Content Specialist to generate written content for publication in media outlets, the Wealth Enhancement Group Blog, email campaigns, guidebooks, presentations and more. Additionally, you’ll serve as project manager for our radio show and our presentation library.
The ideal candidate for this position is curious, detail oriented, organized and has experience writing on a deadline. Experience in the financial services or other heavily regulated industry and/or familiarity with AP style a plus.
Goals & Objectives
- Coordinate our “Your Money” column and radio show media placements and be the point-of-contact for day-to-day questions for key stakeholders.
- Maintain our presentation library ensuring that materials are up-to-date.
- Develop content in support of our lead nurturing and client education efforts including email copy, blog articles and more.
Job FunctionsCoordinate our “Your Money” column and radio show media placements and be the POC for day-to-day questions for key stakeholders
- Write show outlines, curate listener-submitted and seed questions and secure compliance approval for the weekly “Your Money” radio show, Money Minutes segments and promotional ads.
- Act as point-of-contact for show talent, show producer and radio station affiliates to ensure timely delivery of “Your Money” radio show.
- Be able to help coordinate a live radio show should market conditions require one.
- Research, write and edit bi-monthly “Your Money” article for newspaper publication and act as primary point of contact for newspaper contacts.
- Update evergreen presentations at least annually to ensure they remain accurate and timely. Secure and document compliance approval.
- “Core” slides are used across multiple presentations. This person will create a master index of where such pieces are used and update them in all presentations on an as needed bases.
- Monthly webinar content update: coordinate just-in-time updates of presentations scheduled to be used in our monthly webinar series and associated invite and landing page copy.
- Update quarterly presentation menus used to market the presentations internally.
- Consult with colleagues within the Marketing and Market Development team to identify the best presentations to meet the needs of their project or campaign.
- Assist with content development for quarterly multi-channel content campaigns. Examples of content to be created include short articles to promote gated content, researching and outlining infographic content or creating one-page explainers, checklists, FAQs, etc.
- Write short- and long-form blog articles and help keep high performing blog content fresh and up-to-date. Partner with the digital marketing team to develop content that improves organic search rankings.
- Help create new content to support new business needs and growth opportunities in new markets.
- Strong communication skills, including: writing blog-style articles, e-mail copy, educational presentations and other types of content while following prescribed style and format guidelines.
- Must be willing to collaborate on content creation, you view being edited as an opportunity to learn through constructive feedback.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint. Experience with HubSpot, Marketing Cloud, Adobe Audition and Salesforce a plus.
- College degree required. English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in marketing, Journalism or marketing communications required.
- Experience in financial services industry a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graciously accepts and provides constructive criticism
- Listens well, asks great questions
- Inspires trust
- Sound judgment
- Passionate about our clients
- Delivers results
- Works well on a high-performing team
- Willing to collaborate with others
- Works well with all management levels within the company
- Willing to follow established processes while looking for opportunities to improve them
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Consultative approach
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Multitasks while maintaining strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Creative, yet adheres to corporate mission/model/brand standards
- Initiates action & follows through
- Solution oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee will occasionally set-up events where there is a requirement to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The Content Specialist reports to the Content Marketing Manager
- The Content Specialist works laterally with all other positions in the Marketing department.
- The Content Specialist will work with financial advisors, their staff and other senior employees within the firm as needed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Wealth Enhancement Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer